The Student News Site of Granite Park Jr. High

The GP Gazette

Moving to a new school and state is exciting

My name is Jaden Keaton and I’m going to be talking about how my family and I feel about our move to Salt Lake City Utah from Columbia South Carolina. First off it took us one week to get here but it was a fun ride we traveled through lots of cities and countries.

Now let’s talk about moving into a house we had to unload in the cold weather it was very uncomfortable why because we had to keep warming our hands in our truck.It took us a long time to unload the U-Haul because we had lots of furniture in there but at least we didn’t have to work until the morning time.

Let’s now talk about my school. I officially now go to granite park junior high and do not go to longleaf middle school I didn’t want to leave that school but I had no choice but to leave I still miss my friends and I’m sure they miss me.

Now back to my new school so far I like the school I think it’s fun why you ask because it has cool activities and has after school activities and you can even pick which one you want to be in.

Also, the school has all kinds of different races these are some Spanish, Mexican, and they also have Nigerian, and caucasian. At Longleaf we had mostly African American and caucasian children there.

Finally, let’s talk about how my parents and my sister well my sister mostly feels the same as how I feel. Now my parents they really don’t have any doubts about us moving here, except that it is really cold down here and that they sometimes get stuck in some snow.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Moving to a new school and state is exciting”

1. Mrs. Francis on February 10th, 2017 1:54 pm

I am glad you moved to our school Jaden. I enjoyed having you in class and was happy to read your experience about moving.

I moved in junior high school when I was 14 years old to Texas from Utah. I was very scared and I missed my friends in Utah and they missed me too. I hope you have found some good friends here at Granite Park. It took me awhile to make friends in Texas but over time I found some great friends! Maybe in the future you could write about how to make friends when you’re the new kid at school based on your current experiences!

[Reply]

2. karla landeros on February 28th, 2017 12:16 pm

Cant belive it ! you came from South Carolina too! only that i came from Greenwood ,South Carolina. I came to utah at age 8 from South Carolina.

[Reply]

The GP Gazette intends for this area to be used to encourage positive, upbuilding discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our Grizzly PRIDE standards. All comments are reviewed and approved before appearing online. Comments deemed inappropriate will be removed as quickly as possible.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

error: Content is protected !!