The Student News Site of Granite Park Jr. High

The GP Gazette

Do boys like when girls play hard to get?

Angel Torres

Teenage relationships can be confusing. Boys like a challenge. Therefore, girls usually play hard to get. Boys were built, or naturally like it, when they are presented for a challenge.

They don’t like getting things easily.This applies when a guy is trying to win a girl over — when it is easy for a guy to get a girl to like him. In most cases boys tend to get bored more quickly, or the relationship last less longer with a girl that’s not challenging. As the saying goes “when you work hard for things you cherish them more”.

Some boys from Granite Park Jr. High felt that girls are fragile so they have to treasure them more. Emotions are how girls express themselves, and if girls play hard to get it’s because they want attention. They want boys to see and value them enough to try and take a risk.

Girls play hard to get because it triggers boys. According to a statistic by the Pew Research Center, there’s a 67 percent chance that when a boy says he doesn’t like a girl, he is lying. He is probably afraid of rejection because when a girl is in love nobody knows but her, but  when a boy is in love everybody knows except her. When a girl is playing hard to get the boy could be hard to keep.

Sometimes guys play hard to get, although the problem is they know they can’t stop smiling, because they can’t stop thinking about the girl. Outside of the fact that boys like when girls play hard to get, is they love girls who are challenging. It makes the girls look strong and independent. Also, if guys were meant to control a girl they just would have got a remote.

image_pdfimage_print

5 Comments

5 Responses to “Do boys like when girls play hard to get?”

1. Mrs. Francis on February 10th, 2017 1:51 pm

Great article Angel! I found your opinion very interesting. You make some interesting comparisons between boys and girls.

I teach social dance class and while this class is not in anyway about romance your article did make me think of some of the issues I experience in that class. The ladies and the gentlemen play different roles in the class and I usually make the gentlemen extend polite invitations to dance with the ladies, and I tell the ladies that they cannot play hard to get, they have to accept the invitation with a smile. But I thought that boys might occasionally like to be asked too, do you think this is a good idea?

[Reply]

2. isabella on March 1st, 2017 10:45 am

This a very true statement everything that is in this article i can agree on …. like when a girl plays hard too get that means that want attention from them and it triggers them so they try to impress people but when the boy plays hard too get they are afraid of expressing themselves so that’s why they smile a lot.

[Reply]

3. Abigail on March 1st, 2017 10:47 am

Good job Angel! I thinks its true that girls play hard to get because it shows they are strong and independent. I liked how you compared girls and boys, it shows that they are very different and similar at the same time.

[Reply]

4. Mariah Valle on April 19th, 2017 12:23 pm

Loved your story. and it was a nice opinion, it can be very true. Keep up the good work!

[Reply]

5. Jeff on May 22nd, 2017 10:35 am

OMG, this is so true!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!

[Reply]

The GP Gazette intends for this area to be used to encourage positive, upbuilding discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our Grizzly PRIDE standards. All comments are reviewed and approved before appearing online. Comments deemed inappropriate will be removed as quickly as possible.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

error: Content is protected !!