The GP Gazette

Being smart, and sounding ‘smart’

Courtesy of The Anonymous Blogger @ http://theanonbloggers.blogspot.com

Big words like hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, the fear of huge words, or pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism, having related symptoms to pseudohypoparathyroidism, yet it isn’t. Even parastratiosphecomyia stratiosphecomyioides, a type of bird. These words in/out of context never made sense to me. Funnily, the people that use these fancy and ‘smart’ words always end up redundant; Look at Reddit’s r/iamverysmart if you have the free time, it’s just funny. But, there’s some use for these words, even if they’re useless as trying to pronounce the same word. For example, the medical term sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia means to have an ice cream headache. I dunno why it must be named like that. But besides, we both are wondering what and how does this help me. It seriously doesn’t. It really doesn’t help you or me  at all, it’s just a piece of fun trivia.

Related to this, if your using fancy words and such just to sound ‘smart’ then it’s just pointless and sad. (Unless your doing the SAGE, they’ll just love those huge words.) For instance, “It would be very much venerated if thou can scarper off my profile and take a trice to decontaminate or scour your footwear. I.. absolutely abhor sprucing up someone else’s muck on my profile. Lest thou are a friend of thine or well acquainted. If this didn’t give you a migraine, I have no clue as to what will.” Said a poor soul on Reddit. It’s saying in complete honesty. “It’ll be very much appreciated if you can get off my profile and take a minute to clean or wipe off your shoes. I absolutely hate cleaning up others messing up my profile; Unless your a friend or someone I know. If this doesn’t give you a headache, I dunno what will.” This, isn’t as threatening or scary, just being very arrogant and sad. But, we call these types of ‘geniuses’ sesquipedalians, people who uses unused unuseful words.

In fact, a famous author, named Ernest Hemingway said this, “Poor Faulkner, Does he really think his emotions come from big words? He thinks I don’t know the ten-dollar words. I know them all right. But there are older and simpler and better words, and those are the ones I use.” This literally summarizes this article and made crystal clear of why it’s useless using unuseful overwhelming words to explain anything.

In conclusion, if your gonna use fancy words go right ahead my dear friend. Go right ahead, just don’t shove it down anyone’s throat and ears, they don’t deserve it at all.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Being smart, and sounding ‘smart’”

1. Ms. Graybill on November 12th, 2018 2:41 pm

Unless you’re playing Scrabble – then you want the big, fancy words! Interesting article, Tu’imana!

2. Karla Landeros on November 12th, 2018 8:47 pm

I finally see an article that grabs my attention very much. I wish to see more of the GP Gazette´s and your articles in the future. I recommend going through your article and fixing grammar mistakes, maybe give it to the editor-in-chief to revise it, but from there on, AWESOME JOB!!! 10 out of 10!

The GP Gazette intends for this area to be used to encourage positive, upbuilding discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our Grizzly PRIDE standards. All comments are reviewed and approved before appearing online. Comments deemed inappropriate will be removed as quickly as possible.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Being smart, and sounding ‘smart’

Entertainment

What Spongebob Squarepants would be without Patrick Star

• Being smart, and sounding ‘smart’

Entertainment

The inside scoop into Inside Out

• Being smart, and sounding ‘smart’

Entertainment

Ace Family build lasting bond

• Being smart, and sounding ‘smart’

Entertainment

Battle royale game recently became popular with the masses

• Being smart, and sounding ‘smart’

Entertainment

Turns out all Pixar movies are connected

• Being smart, and sounding ‘smart’

Entertainment

Rappers throughout generations

• Being smart, and sounding ‘smart’

Entertainment

Technology causes students insomnia

• Being smart, and sounding ‘smart’

Entertainment

“Letting Ana Go,” an emotional sob story

• Entertainment

Lil Pump

• Being smart, and sounding ‘smart’

Entertainment

Granite Park’s Winter Dance

error: Content is protected !!

The Student News Site of Granite Park Jr. High
Being smart, and sounding ‘smart’