The GP Gazette

Battle royale game recently became popular with the masses

Courtesy of gamespot.com

Courtesy of gamespot.com

Courtesy of gamespot.com

Nowadays, children are all stuck to electronics. A lot of children are pretty much addicted to gaming systems, such as PS4, Xbox One, and PC. What makes the game so addicting is the ease of use because is free and you’ll need is internet PC or console. A huge genre that’s been blowing up for gamers, is Battle Royale games. One amazingly addictive game is known as Fortnite Battle Royale.

Fortnite BR is a game where 100 people will fight to the death, till there is only one left standing. You’ll be sent to a deserted island with plenty of towns in “Battle Bus”. This Battle Bus is basically a flying bus, since it has an air balloon equipped on it. You could open a map of the island, chose a spot to go to and dive out the bus, skydiving to your chosen location. Once you land, you only have a pickaxe, which can be used to break stuff for material. After landing, you must look for gear such as weapons, shield potions,  healing cosmetics, and of course, ammo. You also want to check the map regularly, since there is a safe zone you must be in, and you have a short amount of time. Outside the safe zone is a “storm”, which will close onto the safe zone in 3 minutes or 2. If you are in the storm, you will slowly take damage as you stay in the storm. As the storm gets smaller the damage increases. This storm will keep on shrinking onto smaller and smaller safe zones, till there’s no safe zone left, unless the game is won before the storm takes up the whole island. After you get your gear, it is necessary to harvest for materials like wood, brick or metal. These are the materials that exist in Fortnite. Anything in the game is basically breakable. Building, trees, rocks, structures, furniture, cars, or anything that’s standing can be breakable besides the ground. After doing all of these things, you should decide to build a base. This is a recommendation, which many players do. Others just run around, hoping to get kills. After building the base, your objective is to fight off the opponents until you’re the last one standing. Once you are, you win the game. A message deploys on screen congratulating you, “Victory Royale!”. There’s also many more features on the island, but you should find that out for yourself!

But there’s still more! Fortnite BR also has others modes so you can group up with buddies, such as Duos, and Squad of 4 players. Sometimes, if think you don’t look good on the battlefield, you can buy skin, gliders, emotes, pickaxes, or backpacks from the item shop. They cost V-bucks, which is Fortnite money. These can be earned throughout Save The World, but you don’t earn much. You can also either buy them with real money, or from the Battle Pass! The Battle Pass is something that you can buy with V-bucks, where it will give you many cosmetics, such as skins, pickaxes, V-bucks, and many more for free, just for buying the Seasonal Battle Pass. Also, this battle pass can only earn you things with leveling up tiers with “battle stars”. These battle stars are earned throughout daily or weekly challenges. Anyway, there are many more features for you to discover about the game, so go on and join the amazing Fortnite BR community!

Yusuf Hussein, Staff Writer

Hi, my name is yusuf Hussein. I’m a 7th 13 grade and 13 year old. I’m in mr. brandy’s 3rd period journalism class. I joined journalism class because...

39 Comments

39 Responses to “Battle royale game recently became popular with the masses”

1. McKenzie Hancock on April 26th, 2018 11:51 am

minecraft hunger games did it better

2. AGOOSTIN on April 30th, 2018 12:22 pm

SIKE MINECRAFT IS FOR THOSE ON XBOX

3. Sawyer Lee on May 15th, 2018 10:35 am

Nope, Minecraft is for the computer since you can do so much better on it. You can also get mods which you cant do on the xbox. You can play multiplayer and make your own server if you wanted too. You can download skins for your character too.

4. Aidan Jex on May 21st, 2018 9:26 am

Well technically they have made it where you can play Minecraft on with all kinds of electronics not just computer same with the mods as well

5. Sawyer Lee on May 15th, 2018 10:36 am

Next time, be open minded and say that I think minecraft is better on Xbox and that fortnight is a loss of time. 🙂

6. David, Philip Eakin on May 17th, 2018 11:42 am

Sawyer i have to agree with you.

7. . on May 9th, 2018 12:50 pm

MINECRAFT IS BETTER!!! [*_*]

8. Yusuf on May 10th, 2018 12:36 pm

this is about fornite not minecraft so talking about this other game.

9. McKenzie Hancock on May 16th, 2018 10:56 am

minecraft is on all systems and fortnite is also

10. O_O on May 17th, 2018 11:45 am

fortnite sux :()

11. Sawyer Lee on May 15th, 2018 10:37 am

I haven’t played fortnight but in my opinion, if you want acuall skill, play StarCraft 2 because you can litterally be payed thousands of dollers for playing in turnoments!

12. Sawyer Lee on May 15th, 2018 10:39 am

It’ll take atleasted a few hundred games to get a ahang of it. They games can rang from a long amount of time so being comited to games like i am will get you far.

13. mckenzie hancock on May 16th, 2018 10:59 am

If you are talking about real skill I would suggest a fromsoftware game, and you can be paid thousands of dollars for winning tournaments in a lot of other multiplayer games.

14. Sawyer Lee on May 16th, 2018 11:11 am

The funny thing is, is that starcraft will also pay you thousands of dollers too! exept you can get thousands of dollers every 1-2 hours.

15. Abdul Sheikh (soccer player) on April 26th, 2018 11:52 am

Nice story. You are addicted to fortnite though. Maybe do something else. Like, soccer. 😉

16. raik on May 4th, 2018 9:21 am

well all games are great we should not be playing 24/7 we need food sleep AND SUNLIGHT fortnite is a good just do not play 24/7

17. steve on May 9th, 2018 12:52 pm

I agree Raik.

18. raik on May 18th, 2018 9:11 am

tank you i play but i need sleep for schhol

19. >>>>> on August 28th, 2018 8:16 am

It doesn’t mean that you have to play for the whole 24/7 you can just play everyday and then get off to get a rest.

20. Sawyer Lee on May 15th, 2018 10:43 am

If I were into fortnight I’d play with people on my team since you have a better chance of winning wiht someone on your six.

21. . on May 18th, 2018 9:16 am

This is a fortnite article not minecraft

22. Agustin on May 21st, 2018 9:41 am

Minecraft Hunger Games was intentionally boring since the loot wasn’t that good from the beginning chests, and you would almost literally die running into the middle of the circle of players. The only weapons were hand combat weapons, where Fortnite is a lot better with the guns and especially the building since you can’t build at all or break stuff in Minecraft Hunger Games.

23. unknown on May 23rd, 2018 1:24 pm

fortnite is life bro

24. William Pettit V on August 28th, 2018 8:41 am

FORKNIFE

25. ashis on August 28th, 2018 8:43 am

I know that this is going to die at 2019 cuz it sucks.

26. Elijah on August 28th, 2018 9:55 am

i like fortnite because it’s like a challenging game and i like challenges but to do that challenge it takes hard work and practice on your skills. I watch twitch people i don’t have a favorite but the inspire me to try to do that but i fail many times. That’s why i practice to get on their level hopefully i get there.

27. Miguel Sanchez on August 28th, 2018 10:05 am

Good job bro it’s very good FORTNITE 4 LIF3

28. Hser Htoo on August 28th, 2018 1:13 pm

I think fortnite is a really cool game but I never play it that much because Is the waste of my time. Each battle takes about 10min for me and I rarely won any match at all and I don’t like bush campers but overall the game is good.

29. Thomas on August 28th, 2018 1:15 pm

I think fortnite is taking control of kids minds. Because when the kids play it they get stuck to it. When there parents tell them to do something they will just say MOM I AM PLAYING FORTNITE. Some parents should just take away the xbox or there playstaion 4. Kids are playing fortnite in school thats how much they are adidcted to it so much.

30. Hser Htoo on August 28th, 2018 1:30 pm

I agree

31. William Pettit V on August 28th, 2018 2:29 pm

I hope it doesn’t end with children destroying llama pinatas…

32. Raja on August 28th, 2018 1:23 pm

Fortnite has reached it’s peak, now it’s there time to fall.

33. abraham on August 28th, 2018 1:27 pm

i like your comment

34. Manuel Gomez on August 28th, 2018 1:30 pm

We Also have roblox battle royale its pretty good its like minecraft and legos together

35. chase on August 28th, 2018 2:01 pm

great article nice job!

36. Daunte Davis on August 28th, 2018 2:16 pm

Minecraft is better because you have unlimited things to do while in Fortnite you have like 8 things to focus on.

37. Z on August 28th, 2018 2:28 pm

Fortnite is a great game but there is one problem. YOU CANT CROSSPLAY! Ps4 cant play with Xbox unless there is a Pc player or something. Also, what about PUBG?

38. hussein alrekabi on August 28th, 2018 2:32 pm

I say minecraft and fortnite are equal because I like both games and Really do not care what I play.

39. hussein alrekabi on August 28th, 2018 2:33 pm

Great article about fortnite i like it.

The GP Gazette intends for this area to be used to encourage positive, upbuilding discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our Grizzly PRIDE standards. All comments are reviewed and approved before appearing online. Comments deemed inappropriate will be removed as quickly as possible.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Battle royale game recently became popular with the masses

Entertainment

Being smart, and sounding ‘smart’

Entertainment

What Spongebob Squarepants would be without Patrick Star

Entertainment

The inside scoop into Inside Out

Entertainment

Ace Family build lasting bond

Entertainment

Turns out all Pixar movies are connected

Entertainment

Rappers throughout generations

Entertainment

Technology causes students insomnia

Entertainment

“Letting Ana Go,” an emotional sob story

• Entertainment

Lil Pump

Entertainment

Granite Park’s Winter Dance

error: Content is protected !!

The Student News Site of Granite Park Jr. High