The GP Gazette

All we need is love

Back to Article
Back to Article

All we need is love

left to right, top to bottom: Hayar AL-Hamedawi, Maria Coyt and Brittany Valle pose for a photograph outside during lunch.

By Kaydence Mallon

By Kaydence Mallon

By Kaydence Mallon

Love is an intense feeling of deep affection. It is a person or thing that one loves. In Greek there are four different words meaning love.Eros refers to “ passionate love” or romantic love. Storge is another word meaning love it is love for your family. Philia is love for friendship, for your friends. Philia means denoting fondness, especially an abnormal love for a specified thing. Agape is a different kind of love that refers to “ selfness  love” or “charity.” Agape is used by Christians to express the unconditional love of God for his children.

What does it mean when you “fall in love.” Falling in love is the feeling the makes you want to be with someone because something in them(their body, the way they think, what they have done for you or all of them) caught your attention. It may last or not. It is no guarantee that you will love that person forever – it’s just the trigger for approaching. Signs of being in love are you can’t stop staring at them, you feel like you’re high, you always think about them. You want them to be happy, you’ve been stressed lately. You don’t feel pain as strongly, ,and you’re trying new things.

Love is also, unconditional feeling that you feel towards a person or object. A feeling in which you desire the best for this person, and happiness but also knowing that wanting the best for this person may not always be the easiest route. Love is patient and kind, seeing everyone as equal and not by their flaws. Situational variables can exert powerful influences over human behavior more than what we recognize or acknowledge. Without love, money loses value. Having the love of someone is very important, because humans are very sociable, and it is very important to have close relationships with people you can always turn to.

Indecisiveness- sometimes people don’t even know why they have to complicate things, and this can lead to them being involved in a relationship that is always on and off. In other words, sometimes love is complicated because one person in the relationship is constantly changing their mind. Some people find it easy to fall in love, others not so much. We tend to fall in love with people who meet a certain criteria in our mind… Based on each individual’s subconscious criterion the reason vary from person to person on why it’s so hard to fall in love.

The problems of loneliness, desire and attachment have been solved. This is a deeply satisfying narrative, but as many of us experience in our actual lives, it is often less straight -forward. To fall in love requires us to recognize powerful feelings of longing, which can render us emotionally exposed and scared. Love is very powerful once it takes over you. Indeed, you can sacrifice yourself a lot and suffer in this state because you misidentify the other person with yourself. However, that is not really what love is… Love is very powerful because love gives a person a reason to live.

Monserrat Hernandez, Staff Writer

Hi, my name is Monserrat Hernandez and I’m a seventh grader at Granite Park Jr. High. Here’s a couple things about me that you might want to know....

6 Comments

6 Responses to “All we need is love”

1. McKenzie Hancock on April 26th, 2018 11:34 am

<3

2. prasamsa on August 28th, 2018 8:49 am

Good article.

3. karen sanchez on August 28th, 2018 9:50 am

this is a good article and it’s really nice that some one would talk about this this is very realatable I love this article.<3

4. Stephenie on August 28th, 2018 10:01 am

You did a great article it looks really amazing

5. Mori on August 28th, 2018 2:27 pm

To all of love can mean many things to each and everyone us. Love can be a thing with no meaning at all just a word or a way. To express how you feel to others.

6. Marlene chan on August 30th, 2018 5:38 pm

It was great and it is true love can change the world

The GP Gazette intends for this area to be used to encourage positive, upbuilding discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our Grizzly PRIDE standards. All comments are reviewed and approved before appearing online. Comments deemed inappropriate will be removed as quickly as possible.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• All we need is love

News

The Wasatch, versus, Granite Park

• All we need is love

News

Racism a Term that isn’t as Black and White as it Seems

• All we need is love

News

Swallowing water can lead to dry drowning

• All we need is love

News

School suspensions just suspend the real issues

• All we need is love

News

Logic and wife split after two years

• All we need is love

News

World to end on April 18th

• All we need is love

News

Popularity can lead to bad grades

• All we need is love

News

Shooting at Smith’s brings chaos to the public

• All we need is love

News

Too much coffee can be dangerous to your health

• All we need is love

News

Armed!

error: Content is protected !!

The Student News Site of Granite Park Jr. High
All we need is love