The GP Gazette

World to end on April 18th

Back to Article
Back to Article

World to end on April 18th

On March 13 a Twitter account by the of @strayedaway posted a video of a voicemail he got from an unknown number. This voicemail said a bunch of weird words like Alpha, Bravo, and Yankee. Ty, the guy that tweeted the voicemail later found out that the words are part of the phonetic alphabet. The voicemail translated into “Danger SOS it is dire for you to evacuate be cautious they are not human SOS danger SOS” then followed numbers that were later translated into coordinates. Other users then started piecing things together. User @ErMahoney6 said the coordinates(04° 29’ 33”  s 96° 42’ 30” E) where very close to where the Malaysian Flight 370 went missing. Then user @Uzumaki said this voicemail could have been the plane’s black box recording. A black box records the last interactions with a plane. Then Ty got a message from a twitter user saying to “end the post you just shared about the recording on your phone” in Indonesian.The user than deleted their account and made another in the same name and tweeted a bunch of numbers (20.8.5.25 1.18.5 20.1.11.9.14.7 15.22.5.18 41818) that translate into “THEY ARE TAKING OVER ON April 18 2018”

This conspiracy is pretty far fetched, but there are some parts of it that leave you wondering. First who sent the voicemail? In an interview with popular youtuber and conspiracy theorist, Shane Dawson, Ty (stayedaway) said, “…it was a real voicemail. It was 100% real I really received it… I took a screen recording of it and posted it online…I was just hoping someone would tell me what it meant.” Shane then asked if he thought it was a friend trying to prank him and if he knew anyone that would, ”…I don’t think it was anybody close to me, because the people that I would think would, you know play a prank on me, they would have told me by now, especially with all the attention it created.” Since tweeting the voicemail he has received a lot of hate from people being homophobic and telling him to go kill himself. Shane later went on to say “…he didn’t do this and doesn’t deserve hate,” Ty has since deleted the account stayed away and has a new account called HOMOC1DE.

The whole thing could have been a prank that went too far, but that doesn’t explain Malaysian flight 370. Flight 370 went missing about 4 years ago with 239 passengers on board. The thing is nobody knows what happened to the plane for sure. There are countless theories about what happened to flight 370 from mechanical errors to terrorism. After 4 years none of the 239 bodies have been found and only 33 pieces of the plane have been found. Think about it, how does a huge plane with 239 people on board? This flight was weird enough without this new theory.

I then asked some students about what they thought about the world ending and the conspiracy theory behind it.

Have you ever heard of this theory and what do you think of it?

Diana Velaszquez said,”No, I haven’t heard about it. I have a lot of things going on”

Angeles Alfro said,”I do believe it, but it’s probably not going to happen..”

Whether you believe the world is ending or not. This elaborate theory is still something to think about. Enjoy your last day on Earth.

Anahy Sanchez Olivarez, Staff Writer

Hey my name is Anahy I’m in seventh grade and always have a story to tell. I have three cousins who are the same age as me and I always feel like I have...

12 Comments

12 Responses to “World to end on April 18th”

1. mbrandy on April 17th, 2018 12:09 pm

Really? I better make sure I pay all my bills today–wouldn’t want to die in debt.

2. Abdul Sheikh on April 18th, 2018 11:39 am

Is their anyone who knows what ACTUALLY happened to the flight? Good Story tho.

3. Sawyer Lee on April 20th, 2018 10:46 am

Dude, he said no one knows so why would you ask? If people really found out the real reason how it came down, it would have been on the news in past years. If they found out now then the news wouldnt be in trumps limelight, it would be about the flight.

4. mckenzie hancock on April 18th, 2018 11:58 am

Funny, you think that the world will end in a few days and you’re at school writing a story instead of spending time with your family. Glad to see that you have your priorities in order.

5. Sawyer Lee on April 20th, 2018 10:50 am

If the world was really gonna end in a few days which is now two day´s behind…. I would have had a lot of priorities to worry about. Since it wasnt on every news channel and the U.S. Goverment didnt send a emergency tape to every known electric running item, I wouldn´t care much.

6. Jocelyn Roberts on April 18th, 2018 12:05 pm

I’m not sure what the flight disappearance would have to do with this conspiracy of the world ending. Also, it was translated to, “THEY ARE TAKING OVER APRIL 18TH 2018,” who exactly is “they,” and what would “they” have to do with the world ending?

7. Sawyer Lee on April 20th, 2018 10:51 am

People could infer that ¨they¨ is the aliens or otherwise ¨they¨ would have said something more specific.

8. Danielle Pacheco on April 19th, 2018 9:58 am

This conspiracy theory Is interesting. This is an interesting topic you picked to write about. I personly like stuff like this but I don’t think the world is going to end. Way to go this story very interesting and gives a lot of information about the conspiracy theory. I also love the fact you used Shane Dawson conspiracy theory videos for your picture.

9. angelica on April 19th, 2018 9:59 am

Honestly it can be someone who got hold of one of the burner numbers or whatever they call those things and used a voice changer and scared the living crap out of people for fun. And the missing flight I don’t know about that there… Sorry, but this is a load of crap…

10. William Pettit V on August 28th, 2018 8:38 am

Ummmm… I survived…

11. Farah on August 28th, 2018 8:44 am

Thus a really good article.

12. jason on November 11th, 2018 4:39 am

the ¨end of the world¨ is in 5 months from now,and if it was going to happen what would you do, would you accept or fight?

The GP Gazette intends for this area to be used to encourage positive, upbuilding discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our Grizzly PRIDE standards. All comments are reviewed and approved before appearing online. Comments deemed inappropriate will be removed as quickly as possible.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• World to end on April 18th

News

The Wasatch, versus, Granite Park

• World to end on April 18th

News

Racism a Term that isn’t as Black and White as it Seems

• World to end on April 18th

News

Swallowing water can lead to dry drowning

• World to end on April 18th

News

All we need is love

• World to end on April 18th

News

School suspensions just suspend the real issues

• World to end on April 18th

News

Logic and wife split after two years

• World to end on April 18th

News

Popularity can lead to bad grades

• World to end on April 18th

News

Shooting at Smith’s brings chaos to the public

• World to end on April 18th

News

Too much coffee can be dangerous to your health

• World to end on April 18th

News

Armed!

error: Content is protected !!

The Student News Site of Granite Park Jr. High
World to end on April 18th