The GP Gazette

Too much coffee can be dangerous to your health

Back to Article
Back to Article

Coffee can be addictive because it has caffeine. Caffeine is a crystalline compound that is found especially in tea, coffee and plants and is a stimulant of the central nervous system. Caffeine is the world’s most widely consumed psychoactive drug. Caffeine may lead to insomnia, nervousness, restlessness, irritability, an upset stomach, fast heartbeat and even muscle tremors. What caffeine does to your body is, when it reaches your brain the most noticeable impact is alertness. You’ll feel more awake and less tired. The best age to start drinking coffee is at least 12 years old, but it’s best to avoid giving your kids coffee if possible. Coffee can also cause acne  in a variety of ways. Coffee magnifies your body’s stress response, boosting stress hormones that lead to acne. Coffee drinks are often spiked with milk and sugar, which are two of the top four dietary acne triggers.

Kaydence Mallon said she does drink coffee. “Yes, not a lot but sometimes.” On a scale of 1-10 she likes coffee an 8 ½. She said “I know it has a lot of sugar, so I think you shouldn’t drink it everyday, but I think it’s okay if you drink it sometimes. She said you shouldn’t drink coffee everyday. She said people like coffee because ,” I think quite a lot of people only drink coffee because it’s ‘cool’. But most people think it tastes good, and they like what it contains.” Some people drink it for health.

Hadley Starer said she does drink coffee. “ I do.” She said, “ I think that I depend on coffee,  more than I enjoy it.” She feels that coffee is bad for you. “I think coffee can be strictly addicting, I think it’s good for me because it helps me get up in the morning.” She said you shouldn’t drink coffee everyday. “ I think that you shouldn’t drink coffee because it’s so addicting that your body will soon have to depend on it.” She said people like coffee because,” People like coffee because when you are tired and you have to go to work it gives you energy, and when you wake up in the morning that’s how you start your day by drinking coffee.”

Monserrat Hernandez, Staff Writer

Hi, my name is Monserrat Hernandez and I’m a seventh grader at Granite Park Jr. High. Here’s a couple things about me that you might want to know....

6 Comments

6 Responses to “Too much coffee can be dangerous to your health”

1. Haidee Sanchez on April 17th, 2018 11:03 am

As a college student I like to think that I depend a lot of coffee as well sadly. I agree that too much coffee can effect your health in a variety of ways. Although there are people that take their coffee without sugar or creamer, which helps to avoid excess sugar intake. What do you think about the major coffee chains like Starbucks and Dunkin Doughnuts?

Westminster College Student

2. Danielle Pacheco on April 19th, 2018 10:05 am

This story is quite interesting. I personally drink a lot of coffee. I drink about 4 cups a day. from reading this story I and starting to consider, maybe I shouldn’t drink so much coffee. Thank you for writing this is going to influence how much coffee I drink. In all this is a really good story about coffee, and this has changed my mindset about how much coffee I drink and will continue to drink.

3. karla landeros on April 25th, 2018 10:10 am

Nooooo! my coffee!… sincerely, I LOVE COFFEE. I drink a lot of coffee, but not as much that it could be that bad,right? maybe two or three cups, A WEEK! I´m not obsessed….Maybe.

4. David, Philip Eakin on May 17th, 2018 11:59 am

i’m not allowed to drink coffee.

5. Diana Mendoza on August 28th, 2018 9:38 am

I like coffee It wake me up every day but I don’t drink every day coffee.

6. asma on August 28th, 2018 1:01 pm

i never knew that but now i know it i love what u did and what this is great i will not drink coffee too u i loved you i just loved it like wow, i just just don”t what say its that i never ever knew that coffee can dangerous for your health

The GP Gazette intends for this area to be used to encourage positive, upbuilding discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our Grizzly PRIDE standards. All comments are reviewed and approved before appearing online. Comments deemed inappropriate will be removed as quickly as possible.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Too much coffee can be dangerous to your health

News

The Wasatch, versus, Granite Park

News

Racism a Term that isn’t as Black and White as it Seems

News

Swallowing water can lead to dry drowning

News

All we need is love

News

School suspensions just suspend the real issues

News

Logic and wife split after two years

News

World to end on April 18th

News

Popularity can lead to bad grades

News

Shooting at Smith’s brings chaos to the public

News

Armed!

error: Content is protected !!

The Student News Site of Granite Park Jr. High