The GP Gazette

Rappers throughout generations

Courtesy of pixabay.com

Courtesy of pixabay.com

Courtesy of pixabay.com

These days music is different, especially hip-hop. A rapper, XXXTENTACION raps all sorts of different ways, sad, calm, normal, crazy etc. Old songs were like that too, but they sounded different because they were made back then and they didn’t have the same technology as we do today.

Jahsen Dwyane onfroy, known as XXXTENATCION, was born January 23, 1998. He was raised in Plantation, Florida. Jahsen is a New School rapper. He raps in all sorts of different ways. He has been to jail many times.  According to xxlmag.com XXXTENTACION recently released a new album. There mostly sad songs. Those are some songs people “simp” too. Some people just listen to it. Lately, X has been making a lot of sad songs. We´ll see what he makes next.

Tupac Shakur was born on June 16, 1971, and died on September 12, 1996. Tupac was born in East Harlem, NY. He was an American rapper and Actor. Shakur sold over 75 million records. He was one of the best-selling music artists of all time. “Keep Ya Head Up” is Tupac’s best individual performance. He’s basically leaving a message about staying ahead of the struggle no matter how bad it is. That you should show respect regardless of gender. Just to be nice to everyone. Everything will be okay. Tupac is a very famous rapper.

Jahsen Dwayne onfroy and Tupac Shakur are to very different rappers as you can tell. They both sing about different things. New school rappers talk about drugs, women, and money it’s all they talk about. For example, one student states “Old school rappers rapped about life, new school rappers talk about money, drugs, and women.”However old school rappers talk about what’s going on in their life and about what issues they´re having. Music today is different from when it was back then.

14 Comments

14 Responses to “Rappers throughout generations”

1. mbrandy on April 10th, 2018 11:46 am

Rappers were better back in the day. Today’s rappers have nothing meaningful to say.

2. joshua on August 28th, 2018 1:29 pm

fist of all rapers these days dont always rap about bad things XXX was the best thing that ever happen to me he changed me and lil pump is bad he talks about druges and money my brother cryed about XXXtention death he inspired my brother and he was doing a fundraseir on the weekend

3. Lil_Ali on April 13th, 2018 8:24 am

Yea its nice

4. glenda on August 28th, 2018 8:18 am

i like it, cause its facts about music. Nowadays they all talk about there money, you cant even understand what there saying.

5. sam savage on August 28th, 2018 9:43 am

This is a good one

6. sam s on August 28th, 2018 9:44 am

This is a good one

7. kevin on August 28th, 2018 9:45 am

RIP X
    you will be missed

8. Miguel Sanchez on August 28th, 2018 9:54 am

So XXXTENTACTION has died in June 18 2018 everyone has been posting on Snapchat Facebook twitter Instagram Youtube about it and i went to Snapchat and i look at some stories and i find out that XXXTENTACTION has died and i was shocked because me my sister love his music i listen to it a lot.

9. Alondra Guardado on August 28th, 2018 1:24 pm

I know how u feel miguel but he is in a better place now

10. Miguel Sanchez on August 28th, 2018 10:00 am

So XXXTENTACTON has died on June 18 2018 and every one has been posting on Snapchat,Twitter,Facebook,Instagram and all over the world one day on June 18 2018 me and my sister went on snapchat i look at stories and one of them and it says R.I.P XXXTENTACTION and me and my sister love his music. R.I.P XXXTENTACTION.

11. danny on August 28th, 2018 10:00 am

his music was sometimes calm and gets you hyped and i liked the hyped music more

12. marleni on August 28th, 2018 10:05 am

XXX songs were amazing, we will never forget about him, even tho he went to jail a lot he was still a good person helping kids that didn’t have anything and i hope he is resting in peace. R.I.P XXX

13. shantal on August 28th, 2018 10:42 am

Some of his songs were great and some I didn’t really like.

14. Alondra Guardado on August 28th, 2018 1:17 pm

Speaking of Xxxtentacion, people say he is still alive but he isn’t, he was a good rapper, I loved his sings and some of his songs made me cry. It’s sad how he died, I didn’t know that he died on June 18, 2018, when i went to the lake, my cousin was kind a sad and I asked her whats wrong and she told me about X and that’s when I fell apart, and I’ve been crying all of the month but now I know that he’s resting in peace, and i still watch is music videos and listen to his music i still cry sometimes but its good that he’s is in a better place. When the beat of songs drop, my tears drop as well, and I posted some videos and pictures on snapchat, instagram, facebook and musically, Jahsen Dwyane was my king of rapping, he was my rapper. While I’m doing my homework i listen to is songs and sometimes I like when I put in instrumental its better and has a better beat. RIP X

The GP Gazette intends for this area to be used to encourage positive, upbuilding discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our Grizzly PRIDE standards. All comments are reviewed and approved before appearing online. Comments deemed inappropriate will be removed as quickly as possible.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Rappers throughout generations

Entertainment

Being smart, and sounding ‘smart’

• Rappers throughout generations

Entertainment

What Spongebob Squarepants would be without Patrick Star

• Rappers throughout generations

Entertainment

The inside scoop into Inside Out

• Rappers throughout generations

Entertainment

Ace Family build lasting bond

• Rappers throughout generations

Entertainment

Battle royale game recently became popular with the masses

• Rappers throughout generations

Entertainment

Turns out all Pixar movies are connected

• Rappers throughout generations

Entertainment

Technology causes students insomnia

• Rappers throughout generations

Entertainment

“Letting Ana Go,” an emotional sob story

• Entertainment

Lil Pump

• Rappers throughout generations

Entertainment

Granite Park’s Winter Dance

error: Content is protected !!

The Student News Site of Granite Park Jr. High
Rappers throughout generations