The GP Gazette

Armed!

How would you feel if you knew that your teacher had a gun just sitting around in their drawer? Would you feel safe at all? In many places guns are allowed. For example, Utah, Idaho, and Colorado, guns are allowed to be carried at schools. That’s just insane! Personally, I don’t thinks that’s a good idea. You never know if someone might go mad.

Some teachers carry them for safety of students or any student threats. But isn’t that why the police exists?  I mean they do carry guns right? So, what’s the need for teachers to carry guns? There may be some teachers that don’t mind carrying a gun around, but some might freak out by just looking at it.

Guns just shouldn’t be allowed at schools, it doesn’t look or feel right. There’s been a lot of gun accidents, why start more? There are many ways we can keep schools safe. For example, have gun resistant windows, get more security around the school area, etc. Some teachers might think, “Well what if there’s a student threat?”  “What if a student is found with a harmful weapns” Well, that’s what I mean by, we should get more security around the school area, as well as in the inside too.

There’s already been 17 school shootings in the past 11 weeks of 2018. This generation is so messed up. Shooters feel no guilt about what they did or do. Killing people is like a routine for them now, that’s just so sick. Let’s take the Florida shooting for example. The shooter Nikolas Cruz, a 19 year old boy, should have been focused on fixing his problems at school and not getting revenge from a school that expelled him, because of disciplinary problems. Seventeen lives were taken away February 14, 2018. Shooters need to stop there killing spree, as if it were their daily routine.

So, with all this being said, let’s not go through another school shooting or gun problem, and leave everything on god’s hands.

17 Comments

17 Responses to “Armed!”

1. oscar on March 27th, 2018 2:42 pm

I believe that they should have a weapon with them, to protect us in case of emergency.

2. luis on April 10th, 2018 9:46 am

i think they shoudnt have a gun or any thing becuase there could be a bad kid that could find it and shot like a foo and we will have lock downs people will died or get hurt you get me

3. luis on April 10th, 2018 9:46 am

4. Samantha M. on April 10th, 2018 11:40 am

I believe they shouldn’t have weapons because some kids may take it and use it the wrong way, and there could also be an accident and that weapon would’ve been the cause of it.

5. Hannah on April 10th, 2018 11:40 am

Accidents can happen. If there were a situation where the teacher had to use a gun, they’d be under tons of pressure. If they’re going to be allowed they should have at least have some practice, and some things to go over before just being handed over the permission to carry a gun in school.

6. mariah on April 11th, 2018 10:34 am

they should give them weapons just encase of a emergency

7. Alex on April 11th, 2018 10:35 am

Good job but I think they should have more police. 😀

8. Skyler on April 11th, 2018 10:42 am

I think they should have a gun because what if there was a whole bunch of bad people that come to our school and we have nothing to defend our self what are we all going to die now if we did have a wepon then we whould be safe

9. mekhi on April 18th, 2018 10:32 am

teachers shud have
    guns

10. David, Philip Eakin on April 18th, 2018 10:37 am

Okay i think the only ways schools should be armed is cameras with guns on them but only on the ceilings were kids can’t reach.
    but they have special scanners that can tell face so it can read students and teachers profile images but if someone breaks in then it only sounds an alarm but if that person causes harm then they will open fire but they will have silencers

(Just to clarify that is just an idea.)

11. Giselle on August 28th, 2018 10:04 am

I think its a good Idea but at the same time if they where ever to get mad they have a weapon. I would feel weird if I know my teacher had a gun.

12. citlaly on August 28th, 2018 11:37 am

I believe we should have more police men in stead of teachers and other people having guns.

13. jennifer on August 28th, 2018 1:08 pm

I think teachers shouldn’t have guns with them because it’s dangerous a kid could take the gun and shoot someone

14. Hser Htoo on August 28th, 2018 1:24 pm

Teacher should have guns in case our class is under attack. If we are under attack the teacher can armed and protect us so no body in the room can get hurt.

15. Thomas on August 28th, 2018 1:25 pm

I think that if my teacher had a gun I would feel protected. Because if there is a shooting the teacher would know what to do because they have a gun and can protect us. It would be nice if some teaches had guns.

16. Ian Termunde on August 28th, 2018 2:19 pm

Why are guns in schools legal in Utah, Idaho, and Colorado?!

17. Marlene chan on August 30th, 2018 5:56 pm

I don’t think it’s safe for teachers to have gun’s or any kind of weapons. Because what if the Demon comes inside of the teacher and starts shooting out of nowhere. Or what if the teacher has a really bad day or trys to scare us with the weapons. So I disagree on teachers having weapons in class.

The GP Gazette intends for this area to be used to encourage positive, upbuilding discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our Grizzly PRIDE standards. All comments are reviewed and approved before appearing online. Comments deemed inappropriate will be removed as quickly as possible.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Armed!

News

The Wasatch, versus, Granite Park

• Armed!

News

Racism a Term that isn’t as Black and White as it Seems

• Armed!

News

Swallowing water can lead to dry drowning

• Armed!

News

All we need is love

• Armed!

News

School suspensions just suspend the real issues

• Armed!

News

Logic and wife split after two years

• Armed!

News

World to end on April 18th

• Armed!

News

Popularity can lead to bad grades

• Armed!

News

Shooting at Smith’s brings chaos to the public

• Armed!

News

Too much coffee can be dangerous to your health

error: Content is protected !!

The Student News Site of Granite Park Jr. High
Armed!