The GP Gazette

Either You Like Them or You Don’t

From The Shining to IT, many scary movies have come out over many years. Some not scary and some horrifying. People with certain conditions who watch horror movies can possibly die from them, such as heart conditions. One little jumpscare can put them in the emergency room or a coffin.

There were many bad and stupid scary movies over the years. One scary movie that sucked was ¨Krampus: The Christmas Devil¨ it came out at 2013. It was rated 1.7 stars on IMDb and the viewers were disappointed and called it garbage. They all rated it 1 star because how bad it was as a scary movie. Another scary movie that was horrible was ¨Ax ‘Em¨ which came out in 1912. It was rated 1.2 stars out of 10. The viewers had bad reviews about the movie, saying puns on how bad it was. A user named by Michael_Elliott on the website IMDb said, “Was This All A Bad Joke?”. The last bad scary movie on our list that sucked was Potato Salad. It has a weird name but the rating was 1.3 stars out of 10. The viewers said it was a rip-off and bad.

One scary movie that amused viewers was The Shining. This movie was rated 8.4 and came out in 1980. The viewers who watched The Shining said, ¨It was a masterpiece.¨ Another viewer said, ¨A classic horror from a master director.¨ Another great and classic horror movie that scared the 80’s kids was Nightmare on Elm Street. It was shown in 165 cinemas. The film earned $26.5 million dollars. One review on the movie was from a user kylopod, he stated, “You’ll never want to fall asleep again.“ A good scary movie that made people shaking in their boots was the first movie Saw. A user who goes by Mr_Ectoplasma called it “One of the most unique and grisly thrillers in recent memory.” The movie got 7.6 stars out of 10, some people didn’t like it as much but some people wanted more of the movies and that’s what they just did.  The budget for the movie was estimated around $1,200,000. The movie was released October 31, 2004. Spooky right?

Some people may disagree with our opinion. Some people actually like or dislike the movies on our list. In the future some more scary movies will come out, do you think they will be absolutely horrifying or will they end up on the not-so scary movie list?

10 Comments

10 Responses to “Either You Like Them or You Don’t”

1. mckenzie hancock on March 27th, 2018 11:19 am

I feel as though no good horror movies will be coming out soon, the writing standards for horror is so low that most just devolve into cheap jumpscares. And that really sucks because horror movies can be absolutely amazing when executed right. I noticed that you mentioned the first saw movie, I think that the Saw series highlights how bad something can become once relentlessly milked for money. The Saw series went from an amazing masterpiece into a laughably bad series. But I hope that Iḿ not right and that we see some good horror from Hollywood soon. 🙂

2. angel acireale on March 27th, 2018 2:42 pm

when you start a good horror movie you have to be prepared, before you get scared

3. Tamarah on March 28th, 2018 2:25 pm

I am not a fan of scary stories, and you are right some people die because of scary story, so this is the first reason why I don´t like scary stories, and if you are watching a scary movie then just be prepared because you will be scared anytime trust me, and we all know it especially the people that don´t get scared.

4. MsGraybill on April 5th, 2018 3:08 pm

I avoid scary movies – all scary movies – horrifying and the bad ones. Potato Salad – sounds like a terrible movie. I’ve never understood why people would pay money to be scared! Interesting article.

5. Michael on April 11th, 2018 10:37 am

Great job, I hope they come out with more good scary movies.

6. raik on April 11th, 2018 10:40 am

i cane,t belive your hateing really good classic movie they wonet get red of them so why hate hahahahahaha

7. Emma Carter on April 19th, 2018 11:50 am

She isn’t really hating on good movies. Read the story more carefully. She got the reviews on a website and the movies on the list are organized by good or bad based on the website.

8. raik on May 4th, 2018 9:23 am

i did read all and sometimes scary movies are FUN

9. Jayden dawson on April 18th, 2018 10:37 am

I like scary movies but it depends on what scary movie it is I think that some scary movies are cool and fun and some are not.
    I really liked your articles it was well written.

10. TPTalanoa on August 28th, 2018 1:27 pm

I think horror movies are going into a ditch. Since directors are losing it. Best example M Night Shamalon, he was great at making horror movies in the past, but now he’s losing it. Sure, Split was good but most claim that he made it in his good days, others are respectively not good. For example, The visit is too predictable, even saying the plot is . Moreover, another person that is similar, is Levan Gabridaze. Why? Because it has many plot holes and characters that deserves the bad misfortune, for example the two Unfriended movies, the characters make the most unreasonable moves. But I could go on, I still think that horror is going down the drain.

The GP Gazette intends for this area to be used to encourage positive, upbuilding discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our Grizzly PRIDE standards. All comments are reviewed and approved before appearing online. Comments deemed inappropriate will be removed as quickly as possible.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Either You Like Them or You Don’t

Entertainment

Being smart, and sounding ‘smart’

• Either You Like Them or You Don’t

News

The Wasatch, versus, Granite Park

• Either You Like Them or You Don’t

Entertainment

What Spongebob Squarepants would be without Patrick Star

• Either You Like Them or You Don’t

Opinion

Snitches don’t get stitches at Granite Park

• Either You Like Them or You Don’t

Opinion

Worst duo in history’s careers finally end

• Either You Like Them or You Don’t

Opinion

Homeless people are people too

• Either You Like Them or You Don’t

Opinion

Feminist demand more than equality

• Either You Like Them or You Don’t

Opinion

To censor, or not to censor, that is the question

• Either You Like Them or You Don’t

Opinion

Students argue over the possibilities of ghosts

• Either You Like Them or You Don’t

Opinion

The greatest mental help, a friend

error: Content is protected !!

The Student News Site of Granite Park Jr. High
Either You Like Them or You Don’t