The GP Gazette

Feminist demand more than equality

Since 1963, women all over America have been complaining about the unequal rights between a man and a woman. Somethings that feminists have fought for can be reasonable. For example, women voting rights, women owning property, education, being financially independent, and so many more things.

Speaking as a young woman who somewhat believes in certain equalities, I think Feminist groups all over America have taken protesting a little too far. Feminists have been around for many decades. In more recent years however, Feminists have been complaining about things like being disabled and being bullied. Believe it or not, men get bullied a lot too for being disabled. Statistics state that 23% of men are bullied physically and threatened. Meanwhile, only 19% of women are being physically bullied and threatened. Some protest because they’d like to “be a better role model for their daughter.” I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that protesting isn’t being the best role model. Isn’t protesting fighting, and isn’t fighting bad?

Not only have the deranged thoughts of some of these women already gone overboard, but now they’ve taken their personal hygiene to another level. Feminists all over the country have stopped shaving due to their apparent “ Lack of freedom” to their bodies. Although if they chose to shave, it is them making that decision. Not someone telling them what to do. Since the year 2014 people in congress have done a lot to make 468 restrictions as to what women can and can’t be told to do. This would mean that even now, in 2018, women are fighting for something they already have.

Some of our first feminists may have been empowering to our generation, but today, feminists are the complete opposite of empowering.  Instead of encouraging the girls and women of tomorrow, they victimize our whole gender. Andrea Dworkin, a feminist says, “ Feminism is hated because women are hated. Anti-feminism is a direct expression of misogyny; it is the political defense of women hating.” If this is victimization, I don’t know what is.

If feminists aren’t busy complaining about equality, then they’re complaining about wanting to be treated like a man. Although the second that a man makes a feminist pay for dinner, they flip out and become offended. Even though feminists complain about wanting to be treated like a man they can’t accept the way that things change around them. Life from a man’s point of view is completely different than a woman’s perspective of things. This is just something that feminist women need to get over.

15 Comments

15 Responses to “Feminist demand more than equality”

1. London Hoskins on March 8th, 2018 12:10 pm

I think that you did not think about the story on both sides. There could have been at least a counter claim for this story because all you talk about is how bad fighting for there rights.

2. mckenzie hancock on March 9th, 2018 10:11 am

I agree

3. Laura on March 13th, 2018 12:10 pm

Thank you for your comment. Keep in mind this is a middle school class, not an English major essay.

4. Andrea on March 8th, 2018 12:10 pm

Your story was wrote very well. You used evidence to make the reader very convinced about how far feminist groups have gone. And you are right about feminist groups going too far.

5. Anahy Sanchez on March 9th, 2018 10:22 am

I do agree that some feminists take it too far and become defensive and hypocritical, but I also believe that their are some things that women still need to fight for. When it comes to protesters or anything for that matter, the angry ones are always in spotlight blinding other people from seeing the actual reasonable and not angry feminists in the background.

6. Jocelyn Roberts on March 9th, 2018 10:25 am

I completely agree with you. Feminists are just a bunch of hypocrites. This article is very nicely done, and informative. Good job.

7. Dylan Ulloa on March 12th, 2018 12:03 pm

I agree

8. Malcolm on March 12th, 2018 11:43 am

This was a great article. I definitely agree with you and hope to see more in the future.

9. Katie on March 12th, 2018 12:01 pm

I feel like this was very well written, although there is always two sides to a story.

10. mbrandy on March 19th, 2018 12:02 pm

Anytime you write an opinion piece, you can expect to hear from those who might not share your opinion–but this is a good thing, for it leads to meaningful dialogue that can only make us all better people. This article is well-written and supported by sound, logical reasoning. Keep up the good work.

11. Marijah, Westminster College Student on March 20th, 2018 11:18 am

Hello Laura,
    This piece was very well written. While I disagree with some of your word choices like “deranged” and “complaining” as a feminist and a writer, you at least backed up your opinions with statistics and other tangible evidence and that’s very impressive. I wonder if you would want to do research for a piece that argues against this point, if not to help you expand your opinions and ideas, to help your current argument. I would love to speak with you in class at some point. You’ve obviously a brilliant young student and I look forward to reading more of your work.

12. Laura Ladner on March 21st, 2018 12:01 pm

Thank you Marijah, I definitely would wan’t to work on a story in class with your help!

13. Kate from Westminster College on March 20th, 2018 8:33 pm

Laura,

I appreciate that you took the time to examine a controversial topic, formulate an opinion on it, and construct an argument on it. I liked your use of statistics, as they are a compelling way to convince your reader that your argument is valid. However, although I understand that this is an opinion piece, I think tying more fact-based evidence into your article could have made your argument even more possibly compelling; in other words, I would suggest moving away from anecdotes (such as the one you include to claim that feminists are unwilling to pay the check after a date), as these merely generalize your own experiences rather than communicate facts to your audience. Overall though, I’m very happy to see you researching and writing about a topic you’re interested in. I hope to see you continue to grow through this passionate writing.

14. Laura Ladner on March 21st, 2018 12:07 pm

Thank you for your comment. I will definitely take your advice into consideration!

15. Galilea on April 11th, 2018 10:31 am

This is a good story and very intresting

The GP Gazette intends for this area to be used to encourage positive, upbuilding discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our Grizzly PRIDE standards. All comments are reviewed and approved before appearing online. Comments deemed inappropriate will be removed as quickly as possible.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Feminist demand more than equality

Entertainment

Being smart, and sounding ‘smart’

• Feminist demand more than equality

News

The Wasatch, versus, Granite Park

• Feminist demand more than equality

Entertainment

What Spongebob Squarepants would be without Patrick Star

• Feminist demand more than equality

Opinion

Snitches don’t get stitches at Granite Park

• Feminist demand more than equality

Opinion

Worst duo in history’s careers finally end

• Feminist demand more than equality

Opinion

Either You Like Them or You Don’t

• Feminist demand more than equality

Opinion

Homeless people are people too

• Feminist demand more than equality

Opinion

To censor, or not to censor, that is the question

• Feminist demand more than equality

Opinion

Students argue over the possibilities of ghosts

• Feminist demand more than equality

Opinion

The greatest mental help, a friend

error: Content is protected !!

The Student News Site of Granite Park Jr. High
Feminist demand more than equality