The GP Gazette

Students argue over the possibilities of ghosts

Back to Article
Back to Article

Courtesy of Pixabay.com

Courtesy of Pixabay.com

Courtesy of Pixabay.com

Courtesy of Pixabay.com

Are ghosts real? Some people think they are, and others don’t. Some of the people who don’t believe in ghosts, do believe in spirits. The differences between the two is one haunts for revenge and the other watches over a live presence and has absolutely no intention of hurting them. There’s no actual evidence that proves ghosts are real, but there is this one urban legend I´ve read about on a website called ¨scaryforkids.com¨, and I’m not quite sure what to think about it, but tell me your thoughts.

There once was this girl who´s parents neglected her. She didn’t have any friends at school, because the others thought she was creepy. She then grew up to marry a man named Taeko Saiki, she felt like he was the only person who actually cared about her. She gave birth to a little boy named Toshio. One day while she was out, her husband was snooping around. He found her diary and was sure that she was cheating. When she came back home, he was waiting for her. He beat her, attacked her, and slashed her with a knife right in front of their young son. The wife tried to flee, but her husband chased her. She slipped and fell, breaking her ankle. When she got to the front door, he broke her neck. She was alive, but paralyzed. The only sound she could make was a hoarse death rattle. Her husband dragged her upstairs, put her in a black bag, and left her in the attic to die. Since she had such a painful death, she came back as a vengeful ghost. She appeared to her husband and strangled him with her hair. Her name is Kayako, also known as The Grudge.´

After reading this story, I went to interview two girls, Victoria and Rashidah. I interviewed them because their opinions were different. I asked a few questions to Victoria, who believes in ghosts. “Do you believe in ghosts?,¨ ¨Are they real?,¨ ¨Why do you think that?,¨ ¨Have you ever seen any paranormal activity?,¨ ¨How do you think ghosts are created?,¨ and ¨Do you think ghosts and spirits are the same?¨ I asked her the few questions I had and she gave me some short answers.

When I asked if she believed in ghosts she said, ¨Yes.¨ When I asked her if they were real she said, ¨Of course.¨ ¨Why do you think that?¨  ¨Sometimes I feel like I can see them,¨ said Victoria.  ¨Have you ever seen one, any paranormal activity?¨ ¨I feel like I do and no,¨ she said. ¨How do you think they are created?¨ ¨When people die, they turn into a spirit and start haunting for revenge,¨ she said. ¨Are ghosts and spirits the same thing?¨ Lastly she said, ¨No.¨

The second person I interviewed was Rashidah, I asked her four questions. The four questions were “Why don’t you believe in ghosts?,” “Have you ever experienced any activity?,” “Do you believe in spirits?,” and “What’s the difference between the two?”

When I asked her why she doesn’t believe in ghosts she said, “I’ve never seen one.” ¨Have you ever experienced any activity?,¨ “No,¨ said Rashidah. ¨Do you believe in spirits?¨ “No,” she said. “Is there a difference between the two?,” she said “There is no difference.”

Melanie So, Staff Writer

My name is Melanie and I am in eighth grade. I chose to be in this class because I like to write, not that I'm good at it but because I like it. I come...

9 Comments

9 Responses to “Students argue over the possibilities of ghosts”

1. Sawyer Lee on February 20th, 2018 10:42 am

I have expierienced paranormal activity twice. The first time was in the downstairs TV room were I was cleaning for money as a chore. when I looked at the TV a long black cord from the TV had flicked up right in between me and the TV and I ran so fast up to the door and outside my three dogs almost went crazy. The second time I expierienced paranormal acitivity is when I was in bed during the middle of the night. I couldnt sleep so I stood up and went to the bathroom and when i came back a car light passed through the room and in the light was chucky and slappy standing on my bed…I imiedietly ran to my bed and pulled the covers and stood still like a stone just waiting for someone to come to the wall. Finally, my uncle jacob came through the hall but he hadn’t seen me or heared my voice and till this day I still think he was to tired to pay any attention to me. My second attempt to get help from this living nightmare failed again from him ignorring me. I look around the room like a sloth with a very very slow neck and move my body and ofcoruse try not to get any attention. My grandpa wakes up an one hour later and I jump up with tears of joy and thats really all I remember. I have another story besides these two storys that involves an acual ghost. THESE ARE TRUE FREAKEN STORYS SO U BETTER BELIEVE THEM!!!

2. McKenzie Hancock on February 21st, 2018 11:25 am

cool story bro.

3. Agustin on February 21st, 2018 11:28 am

This grammar though hehehaha.

4. . on March 22nd, 2018 12:23 pm

I believe them because once i was out in my garden it was night time and snowy out there and i went up into my tree i had at the time and i looked to the field just near my fence witch had a hole i looked to see a weird figure it was moving around slowly and soon i see this figure disappear i look into my back yard and see the thing in my back yard RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY DOOR. I heard a horrid noise as it looked at me but after that. everything was quiet it had disappeared i went inside my house and sudden feeling of everything being peaceful came to me while i’m in my house everyone was asleep and it was pitch black i did not want to reach for the lights because i thought that might destroy the moment i felt like i was at peace.
    WEIRDEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE >:()

5. Sawyer Lee on February 27th, 2018 10:41 am

I think people say ghosts are real because the mind wonders and even though I couldnt sleep and I was still concuose (its a complex feeling to describe for me) my mind still wondered and made poranormal images of ghosts. I’ve had those expieriences but science says it all.

6. mckenzie hancock on March 1st, 2018 12:09 pm

Were you experiencing insomnia or sleep paralysis?I don’t know what you mean by ” I couldn’t sleep and I was still conscious”. Also, it is very mature of you say that science says it all even though you have experienced “ghosts”, it seems like a lot of people believe in them because they have seen them, but the human mind is complicated and a lot of the times you see things that are not really there. You should look up some audio and visual illusions to see what I mean.

7. Darian George on February 27th, 2018 10:43 am

I saw one before, I was eating until I saw one of the chairs move because it was sitting there after that I thought it was just my sister and it move again i just ran out side, I was out side for 2 hours.

8. Pedrp on March 7th, 2018 11:44 am

Oh no why u had to bring the Grudge up

9. Emma Carter on April 5th, 2018 11:59 am

I do believe in ghosts but after reading these comments, it may just be my mind but I do remember the scariest time i got scared from a ghost or ‘something’. I just got done watching a show so i fell asleep on the couch. I opened my eyes, experiencing something deep and terrifying, A black figure just peering over the wall at me sleeping on the couch. I saw it’s round head, no eyes, it’s hands with long killer nails curled around the wall. I froze and just waited until i blinked and it vanished away. No one saw it I was the only one. To this day i’m scared to walk past that wall but i sometimes think it’s my head just messing with me but nice story! keep up the great work!

The GP Gazette intends for this area to be used to encourage positive, upbuilding discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our Grizzly PRIDE standards. All comments are reviewed and approved before appearing online. Comments deemed inappropriate will be removed as quickly as possible.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Students argue over the possibilities of ghosts

Opinion

You’re a good person… I hope.

Opinion

Student versus teacher wrestling should be considered!

Entertainment

Being smart, and sounding ‘smart’

News

The Wasatch, versus, Granite Park

Entertainment

What Spongebob Squarepants would be without Patrick Star

Opinion

Snitches don’t get stitches at Granite Park

Opinion

Worst duo in history’s careers finally end

Opinion

Either You Like Them or You Don’t

Opinion

Homeless people are people too

Opinion

Feminist demand more than equality

error: Content is protected !!

The Student News Site of Granite Park Jr. High