The GP Gazette

Social media can make some anti-social

photo by Kaydence Mallon

photo by Kaydence Mallon

Social Media is a big thing, we use social media all the time. It can be a good thing and a bad thing. Social Media is where people can interact with others, and post pictures, and statements, 94 percent of teens who go online using a mobile device do so daily. Teens use multiple social platforms. Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat are the most popular, and 71 percent of teens say they use more than one Social Media site.

Yusemiri Ramirez, her favorite social media app is Snapchat. She said social media can be a bad thing because,” Sometimes they can talk bad things about you.” She said she feels okay about social media. She said that Social Media also help us to, “Communicate with others and contact others.” She said that social media, ”Can be important for some people “ She also, said that you can express emotions through Social Media. “Yeah, because some people on Snapchat say I want to die, because someone broke up with them.” The last opinion that she had about social media was, “If you have Social Media use it for important stuff.”

Jolette Romero said her favorite Social Media is Snapchat. She told me that social media, “Is alright, it could be bad because their are bullies and it could be good because you meet friends.” She said she feels,”Gucci” about social media. Jollete also told me that social media helps us “Make new friends, they give compliments, and it’s a good way to communicate with others.” One of her opinions was that social media isn’t that important “It’s just apps, people lived without them,so we can too.” She also, said that we can express our emotions through Social Media.“Yeah some people do it for attention or some people really mean it.”

So as we can see, Social Media is a big thing. Social Media can be used for good things and for bad things too. Many people have several different opinions about this topic. Also, many people use Social Media during the day, kids, teens, and adults, it’s become a big deal.

4 Comments

4 Responses to “Social media can make some anti-social”

1. Dasan on February 13th, 2018 10:31 am

Social media is a good thing because you talk to your friends and if you get hurt you can call someone to come and get you.

2. Samantha M. on February 14th, 2018 9:47 am

Yea, social media is good, but can also be bad. It basically depends on how the person uses is, but also social media takes away opportunities to talk face to face with someone.

3. Samantha M. on February 14th, 2018 9:50 am

Good job Monserrat, for giving us this amazing story to read, you did make a few mistakes but this story was amazing. : )

4. asma on August 28th, 2018 1:14 pm

Social Media can be bad A Sometimes and u can get hurt but u can use your Phone at your house its batter Because its more Saver, its Becoming Big Deal teens love social Media and i do too but Something it can be bad for u , if i was u i would’nt take My Phone too school or Anywhere.

The GP Gazette intends for this area to be used to encourage positive, upbuilding discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our Grizzly PRIDE standards. All comments are reviewed and approved before appearing online. Comments deemed inappropriate will be removed as quickly as possible.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Social media can make some anti-social

News

Racism a Term that isn’t as Black and White as it Seems

News

Swallowing water can lead to dry drowning

News

All we need is love

News

School suspensions just suspend the real issues

News

Logic and wife split after two years

News

World to end on April 18th

News

Popularity can lead to bad grades

News

Shooting at Smith’s brings chaos to the public

News

Too much coffee can be dangerous to your health

News

Armed!

error: Content is protected !!

The Student News Site of Granite Park Jr. High
Social media can make some anti-social