The GP Gazette

Getting Fs isn’t the teacher’s fault

A lot of kids think that since they get F’s, it’s because the teacher doesn’t know how to do their job. That isn’t true. It is your fault, because you don’t want to do your homework or your classwork. There are sometimes where the teacher did mess up, but most of the time it is your fault. The teacher can not be held responsible for your grades.

If you want to get A’s, then you should try harder in class and do your work. The reason most times that kids get F’s, is because they say they were “too busy”, but actually they were just on social media for three hours instead of doing their homework.

Instead of being on social media or taking pictures you could be taking that time to do your homework or study for the test you have tomorrow. Kids that get A’s usually do their homework and get their classwork done. They have the dedication to do their work.

I’m not saying people that have all F’s don’t have the dedication. I’m just saying they’re not trying their hardest. If they just put in a little more effort, they could be getting good grades. Teachers can be cruel on make up work, but they’re not being unfair. They’re just doing it their own way. If you don’t like it maybe you should try harder on your work.

All teachers have their own way of turning in work so make sure you get it done before the deadline. Next time you think your teacher is being unfair about turning in late work, think about this, it’s not their fault you can’t turn in your work on time. So don’t think your teacher is being cruel, because it is your fault for not getting it done at home. Stop being on social media and start doing your homework or classwork.

20 Comments

20 Responses to “Getting Fs isn’t the teacher’s fault”

1. mbrandy on January 18th, 2018 7:20 am

That’s too bad. If you can’t blame the teacher, then who can you blame.

2. Agustin on January 18th, 2018 11:59 am

I never had an F ever in any of my grades, and I’d be disappointed so much if I did. Some of my friends have Fs in several classes and they don’t seem to give any care for it. I ask them why and they just shrug, which makes no sense. Man, I wish there was some way to get an A for them.

3. Mohamed Hassan on January 22nd, 2018 11:49 am

study your c-notes or do your homework

4. Mohamed Hassan on January 22nd, 2018 12:01 pm

i use to get all F in 5 grade, in my grade

5. Sawyer Lee on January 23rd, 2018 12:29 pm

People, you also have to acount for mistakes. Some people (im not saying all people) do study but that doesnt mean that they will get A’s. For example, lets say i want to be president and I put all my heart and sole to get the job but in the end the other contestent wins. They might have (MIGHT HAVE) done this but didnt get the reward they were expecting. So to conclude what im say, people can work for stuff but it doesnt always mean that they were meant for it.

6. Sawyer Lee on January 23rd, 2018 12:33 pm

Also id agree that teacher’s wouldnt belive the students because if they had evidence like a docter’s note from a critical condision that didnt enable them to do it then thats understandable. aside from that, sometimes students really couldnt from a family meeting or a trip or a fallen familymember

7. anthony kaisarieh on January 23rd, 2018 1:27 pm

I think is fault of the teacher because they are giving us the F

8. Abdirashid Elmi on January 23rd, 2018 1:29 pm

Getting f is not teachers fault. teachers give you what they need to give like assignment and homework to help you.

9. ar mat on January 23rd, 2018 1:29 pm

Getting F is not teacher fault because when teacher explaining to student they were playing around and not listening to teacher and they don’t do there work.

10. Angel on January 23rd, 2018 1:32 pm

the teachers blame students for no reason

11. Joel Mitchell on January 26th, 2018 8:42 am

“The teachers blame students for no reason”. That’s a pretty mind-blowing generalization, isn’t it? It’s not about blame young grasshopper – it’s more about accepting responsibility and owning your education. At the end of the quarter, I usually have at least 101 students approach me to say something like, “Why’d you give me an F?” I sigh and try to remember how much I love my students, how they are the future, they will save the planet, etc. etc. But then the questions rattling through my brain are, “why didn’t you care about your grade before now?” “do you really think that I just gave you this grade NOT that you earned it through your hard work or lack thereof?” Grades should reflect what you LEARNED in class. Mastering a subject requires mental energy, hard work, and perseverance. Of course I’m biased being an teacher an all, but I think it’s cool that Mikaih wrote a straightforward article that asks students to take ownership of their education and yes, their bad grades.

12. mbrandy on January 26th, 2018 9:20 am

Word!

13. abdul on January 30th, 2018 10:23 am

It could be.

14. abdul on January 30th, 2018 10:24 am

It could be lol

15. alejandra arias on February 8th, 2018 10:41 am

thank you for this article. !!!!!!

16. shelby on February 13th, 2018 10:26 am

I agree with u cause it is not the teachers falut.

17. Dasan on February 13th, 2018 10:35 am

If you get an F it is not the teacher fault because if you chose to not do the work then you chose to get an F.

18. kaden on February 13th, 2018 10:42 am

getting F’s are not at all techer’s falt it’s the students falt.

19. Haidee on February 13th, 2018 11:07 am

I enjoyed reading the essay because some points that you’ve made are generally true. If someone spends their time doing other things rather than studying or doing their homework, the overall grade will go down eventually. You could also talk about other ways that can impact a students grade, for example, not asking questions or staying after school if the student doesn’t understand the topic.

20. shelby on February 27th, 2018 10:22 am

it is not the teachers fault it is the student fault

The GP Gazette intends for this area to be used to encourage positive, upbuilding discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our Grizzly PRIDE standards. All comments are reviewed and approved before appearing online. Comments deemed inappropriate will be removed as quickly as possible.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Getting Fs isn’t the teacher’s fault

Opinion

Snitches don’t get stitches at Granite Park

• Getting Fs isn’t the teacher’s fault

Opinion

Worst duo in history’s careers finally end

• Getting Fs isn’t the teacher’s fault

Opinion

Either You Like Them or You Don’t

• Getting Fs isn’t the teacher’s fault

Opinion

Homeless people are people too

• Getting Fs isn’t the teacher’s fault

Opinion

Feminist demand more than equality

• Getting Fs isn’t the teacher’s fault

Opinion

To censor, or not to censor, that is the question

• Getting Fs isn’t the teacher’s fault

Opinion

Students argue over the possibilities of ghosts

• Getting Fs isn’t the teacher’s fault

Opinion

The greatest mental help, a friend

• Getting Fs isn’t the teacher’s fault

Opinion

New theories arise about the Titanic’s demise

• Getting Fs isn’t the teacher’s fault

Opinion

It’s time to end gender discrimination

error: Content is protected !!

The Student News Site of Granite Park Jr. High
Getting Fs isn’t the teacher’s fault