The GP Gazette

Movies have had a long history over the years

courtesy of Pixabay.com

courtesy of Pixabay.com

courtesy of Pixabay.com

Have you ever had a favorite movie? Many people have one of their own personal favorites. During 1923, Disney decided to make movies or shows for children and adults to enjoy. Disney became a popular company ever since Walter Elias and his brother Roy Oliver Disney, made the best animation films.

One of my favorite films from Disney was “Lady and the Tramp”. What I like about this film is that the movie is about dogs and how their life was like during their ages. Even though the story isn’t really relatable about what dogs do in real life, the animators wanted to put a bit more action in the film in order to not make the story boring.

It wasn’t that easy to make a film you know. Animation and editing isn’t as simple as anyone thinks. Animation takes many shots in order to make it look if a character is moving in motion. Before animating, Disney needed to plan out an animation or film before getting started. At first they start in scratch of their drawing, then they build up of what they got so far in their animation.

If Disney isn’t your favorite, there are other movies with different themes. Maybe you may like horror movies, or even comedies. Not all movies are made by Disney. There are movies that had been made from different Authors. There are movies that had been retold from a story to a movie or even from movie to story. Ever heard of “The Brothers Grimm”? Well they are people who made tons of fairy tales. These fairy tales had been retold from the original thing. It might sound strange but recreating a story can be very interesting with having few details similar and some others different.

A few years ago some directors decided to create a movie of Cinderella. The movie being created had tons of people interested. One thing that got me surprised was the word “Cinder” in “Cinderella”. Cinder is basically like a piece of burnt coal. In the movie and in the book, it shows how Cinderella gets filthy with coal marks.

Just imagine if movies were never invented! Without movies, the whole world would be sitting on the couch sleeping or be going outdoors.

While making a movie, most of the time the director’s set up their own plot diagram. This helps most directors because it helps the actors follow up on what will be on the scene. Movies is a place to get us to laugh, horrified, or even get us to be intended. As there are many movies that are great, there are also other movies that people just don’t like.

7 Comments

7 Responses to “Movies have had a long history over the years”

1. Karla Landeros on December 15th, 2017 9:14 am

AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Disney and Pixar are my faves. Yes, I do have a childish mind, but apparently, I’m the only one who enjoys watching frozen with my baby sis! I love this story. The Brothers Grimm are my favorite authors, they have around 200 stories and they all are interesting like Rapunzel or the Juniper Tree.

[Reply]

Vivian Landeros Reply:

Karla,You know that because you have the books.BUT THE STORY WAS AWSOME I LOVED IT.

[Reply]

2. Ms. Graybill on December 21st, 2017 2:20 pm

I LOVE going to the movies! Can’t wait to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi over the break! I also like watching the super hero movies too! Just saw Justice League and excited for Black Panther and Avengers! Did you know that Ed Catmull, co-founder of Pixar, graduated from Granite High School? My guess is he also went to Granite Park Junior High! Pretty cool! Great story.

[Reply]

3. David, Philip Eakin on January 5th, 2018 10:34 am

I think this was interesting.

[Reply]

4. alejandra arias :) on January 10th, 2018 10:31 am

I think that when someone doesen’t know what to write about , then just talk about something you like right? so this is a good idea thank you Author .

[Reply]

5. Diane ishimwe on January 10th, 2018 10:37 am

I think the topic was great!!!!!!

[Reply]

6. Laura Ladner on March 1st, 2018 12:19 pm

This story is fantastic! I really enjoyed reading this, keep up the good work!

[Reply]

The GP Gazette intends for this area to be used to encourage positive, upbuilding discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our Grizzly PRIDE standards. All comments are reviewed and approved before appearing online. Comments deemed inappropriate will be removed as quickly as possible.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Movies have had a long history over the years

Entertainment

Ace Family build lasting bond

Entertainment

Battle royale game recently became popular with the masses

Entertainment

Turns out all Pixar movies are connected

Entertainment

Rappers throughout generations

Entertainment

Technology causes students insomnia

Entertainment

“Letting Ana Go,” an emotional sob story

• Entertainment

Lil Pump

Entertainment

Granite Park’s Winter Dance

Entertainment

Be careful while gaming, playing too much may cause health hazards

Entertainment

Ice Cube shows no sign of cooling off

error: Content is protected !!

The Student News Site of Granite Park Jr. High