Be careful while gaming, playing too much may cause health hazards

Courtesy+of+Pixabay.com
Courtesy of Pixabay.com

Courtesy of Pixabay.com

Courtesy of Pixabay.com

An average American gamer will spend 6 to 5 hours on a violent game. Video games change your behavior, because you’re so used to doing something violent in a video game, and you may try to do it for real. Video games will affect your performance in school because your mind wants to continue playing the games all the time. Video games could cause frustration or health issues because you’re not exercising  daily.

Children under 7 to 10 years old are more at risk for epilepsy. Epilepsy is a brain tumor that sometimes is caused by too many games. Boy will have more seizures then a girls, but girls have worse condition. Too many games could cause your eyes to turn red because your eyes have had too much, but if you continue to keep playing, you may turn blind forever. Games will make you have an addiction. If you have an addiction, you may be feeling restless or unable to play, or may be lying to a friend or family member regarding time spent playing.

Playing too much can cause headachesd, and can even cause dizziness, vomiting and can affect your eyesight or vision. Playing a game can damage your hippocampus, which is responsible for your memory and may increase the chance for illness. Games can cause motion sickness which makes you feel  dizzy, drowsy and sick. Playing too many games can cause depression and anxiety the more you play. Edgar Haro and Jose Gonzalez said, “Video games can make you end up blind.”

Hector Garnica, Staff Writer

Hell my name is Hector Garnica. I am seventh grader at granites park my favorite color Is blue and my favorite food Is pizza I  even like to play soccer....

21 Responses to “Be careful while gaming, playing too much may cause health hazards”

1. Ms G on December 5th, 2017 2:00 pm

I’m not a “gamer” and after reading this article I don’t think I will ever be a gamer. There are too many negative side effects if you play video games for extended amounts of time. Your article makes me wonder how many of my students spend more than 1-2 hours a day playing video games. I wonder if you could survey students to find out how much time Granite Park students spend on average playing video games.

2. jose vera on December 7th, 2017 11:49 am

are you a feminist

3. Malcolm on December 7th, 2017 11:54 am

I 100% disagree with this article. Though I realize that playing too much is a problem, a kid playing a video game after school is no big deal. And anyone who would commit crimes in real life just because they play violent video games would have to have something wrong with them before they ever played a video game. No rational person would do something like that just because they play Call of Duty. I myself play video games and I don’t think there’s too much wrong with my brain. Also the only way to go blind by playing video games is if your face is like, two inches from the screen for long periods of time.

4. Sawyer Lee on December 7th, 2017 12:08 pm

I do think that such things could happen but things such as going blind can happen but only if ur face is right in font of the screen all the time. If you look at this it’ll show u that opinions about games can be perceived wrong and can be very beneficial to people.

5. Sawyer Lee on December 7th, 2017 12:13 pm

i dont like it when people say things that about subjects that only bring negitive affects when they can be so much more and sometimes aren’t noticed for the good they can bring

6. Sawyer Lee on December 7th, 2017 12:19 pm

epilepsy is not only just from games though because its from a disorder in cell activity so things like animal interaction such as a mosquito could cause think from a bird with rabies

7. Sawyer Lee on December 7th, 2017 12:24 pm

you said “Children under 7 to 10 years old are more at risk for epilepsy. Epilepsy is a brain tumor that sometime is caused by too games.” its not always to much games that cause it

8. McKenzie Hancock on December 8th, 2017 10:35 am

Would you mind pointing me to any scientific studies that show video games causing violence, or giving children brain cancer? Because from my personal experience games don’t cause me to be violent or anyone that I know to be violent, nor do I have epilepsy or blindness. I play video games very often, around 3 hours on school days, 4-5 hours on weekends so I think that I would have been feeling the effects by now(I know that it’s unhealthy for my body but that’s not the point). Yes, many school shooters do play video games but I don’t think that it’s the cause of their violence, if you were to go by that logic being a teenage boy would also be a cause, but obviously it’s not. You should do some research next time, find a scientific article that was written by a reliable source, not a blog by a mother, not a biased study conducted by a private organization, a study conducted by real scientists.

9. Sawyer Lee on December 11th, 2017 11:38 am

Wow you really put it out there (im not being mean im actually happy about that) I play video games when i get home on the dot so i play around 6-7 hours a day and i haven’t felt anything exept the feeling of wanting to play more

10. Dasan on December 13th, 2017 10:41 am

I think people should play games for 6 to 9 hours of games because games are fun

11. Sawyer Lee on December 14th, 2017 10:21 am

#GAMERS FOR LIFE

12. mckenzie hancock on January 11th, 2018 12:18 am

filthy casual, 16 hours at minimum.

13. Sawyer Lee on January 11th, 2018 12:15 pm

Agreed 16 hours at minnimum

14. William Pettit V on August 28th, 2018 8:45 am

THAT’S A LONG TIME…

15. David, Philip Eakin on January 9th, 2018 10:32 am

well this is good to know.

16. unknown on January 10th, 2018 10:41 am

I think this article may prove a good point but I think maybe if you gave your readers some proof or evidence and quotes to what you are stating maybe this story could be better and more people would agree with you, if you give them professional quotes and or statements then this story could be better. Other than giving some more evidence to this article it was very interesting to read,I just keep wondering if what your saying is true.

17. Darian George on February 13th, 2018 10:29 am

I didn’t know that can ruin your mind

18. raik on April 23rd, 2018 10:33 am

i play 8 hours a day and i am fine and the first comment is a techer so why listten she is a techer and if she says yes her stundents will see and i have been playing since i was 8 and i am 13 and i am FINE

19. William Pettit V on August 28th, 2018 8:46 am

For now… (Be Careful!)

20. William Pettit V on August 28th, 2018 8:44 am

I only play a half an hour on weekdays and an hour on weekends

21. Z on August 28th, 2018 2:30 pm

What about those games that you have to move around like Just dance or something? Doesn’t that make you play and have to workout?

• Be careful while gaming, playing too much may cause health hazards

Entertainment

Being smart, and sounding ‘smart’

• Be careful while gaming, playing too much may cause health hazards

Entertainment

What Spongebob Squarepants would be without Patrick Star

• Be careful while gaming, playing too much may cause health hazards

Entertainment

The inside scoop into Inside Out

• Be careful while gaming, playing too much may cause health hazards

Entertainment

Ace Family build lasting bond

• Be careful while gaming, playing too much may cause health hazards

Entertainment

Battle royale game recently became popular with the masses

• Be careful while gaming, playing too much may cause health hazards

Entertainment

Turns out all Pixar movies are connected

• Be careful while gaming, playing too much may cause health hazards