The Student News Site of Granite Park Jr. High

The GP Gazette

A world without the adorable panda, it’s possible

Courtesy%2C+pixabay.com
Courtesy, pixabay.com

Courtesy, pixabay.com

Courtesy, pixabay.com

The reasons why pandas are endangered.  The main reason is that the population of China is growing and pandas habit is getting taken over, which makes their habitat smaller and less livable.

The other reason why pandas are endangered is because people are cutting down the food they eat which are bamboos and so they don’t have enough food.

But the Chinese government is working to not let anyone cut the bamboo which is showing positive results.

One other reason is that people are killing the pandas. The Chinese government announced the person will go to prison if seen killing a panda. Even after he announced that people are still killing them with traps.

Pandas prefer bamboo over other food because of its taste. There are 12 giant pandas in the usa. When a panda is born it is pink. They are about 15cm long. When a panda is born they are blind and open there eyes eight weeks after.

Pandas start to climb trees when they are 7 month old. They do not hibernate instead they go to lower down to the mountains. In the wild pandas can live to 20 years. Pandas spent 55% of their time looking, collecting and eating bamboos.

They have lived on earth of 2 to 3 million years. Pandas are a kind of bear. They don’t like to be around other pandas. They are important to us because they eat bamboos and leave the seed behind which helps crops grow.

14 Comments

14 Responses to “A world without the adorable panda, it’s possible”

1. mbrandy on October 5th, 2017 12:04 pm

Thank you so much for this story. I love pandas, for they are the most precious animals on the earth.

[Reply]

2. karla on October 5th, 2017 12:06 pm

I love your story, and pandas…

[Reply]

3. Cho Cho Aye on October 5th, 2017 12:07 pm

Pandas are so adorable, and you did a great job on this story. I think that you are going to be a great news paper writer

[Reply]

4. John on October 5th, 2017 12:21 pm

Its nice that you wrote a story about Pandas, though I think it would be better to replace a few words that say “Bamboo” to sugar Canes.

[Reply]

McKenzie Hancock Reply:

but they eat bamboo not sugar cane

[Reply]

Sawyer Lee Reply:

Well, bamboo is suger cane. its realy just another ways of saying it to another understanding…

[Reply]

5. McKenzie Hancock on October 5th, 2017 12:22 pm

Don’t you think that there are better things to save besides pandas? Well yes they’re cute and all but they make almost no difference in the food chain, they only eat bamboo so they aren’t a predators and they have no natural predators so they don’t feed anything. Also, bamboo is an amazing replacement for wood, it grows a few feet a day and is very strong, but if we don’t cut down and farm bamboo, a forest that could realistic replenish itself, instead people will cut down rainforest and pine forests. There are other species that are much more endangered than pandas but are barely even noticed, like sharks and tuna, we don’t protect sharks even though if they died out we would die too. Sharks eat the fish that eat plankton, which produce around 60% of our oxygen. But their struggle is barely recognized just because we consider them to be man eating beasts. Tuna feed predators, unlike pandas their schools are prey for sharks, dolphins, and sometimes even predatory whales. Yet we scoop them up along with their predators is huge nets to eat. I am up to debate but please be civil.

[Reply]

Sawyer Lee Reply:

well think of it this way… if you and i were a panda and the rest of the human race were a panda and we had no use to the world. you would be saying that we should all just die off and go extinct or be killed for that matter

[Reply]

Sawyer Lee Reply:

we need animals just as much as we need the world because in the future they might become a benefit to us and youd be killing dreams of people who want to help giant pandas and people who love them also.

[Reply]

Sawyer Lee Reply:

please take both sides and see what people would think of the idea that we dont need them because i belive that there are people who would disagree thank you for your time in reading this and also the other people reading this

[Reply]

6. jackson on October 12th, 2017 10:26 am

Pandas are so cute and it is so sad so i say that the government of china should put cameras around where the pandas are so that they can see who are trapping them and so they can pay for their crimes and so that we can help pandas.

[Reply]

7. zohour kouda on October 30th, 2017 11:47 am

LOVED THE STORY!!!!!!!!!!

[Reply]

8. David on November 6th, 2017 11:54 am

WHO EVER’S DOING THIS SHOULD BE CAUGHT AND SENTENCED TO PRISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i!!!

[Reply]

Cho Cho Aye Reply:

you think negative.
    this is a great story

[Reply]

The GP Gazette intends for this area to be used to encourage positive, upbuilding discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our Grizzly PRIDE standards. All comments are reviewed and approved before appearing online. Comments deemed inappropriate will be removed as quickly as possible.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• A world without the adorable panda, it’s possible

World

Christopher Columbus was not an American hero

World

Terrorist attacked foiled

Opinion

Trump tackles NFL

Sports

The excitement of motocross worth the risk

News

Teenagers entranced by middle school dating

News

DREAMers have officially gotten a “Wake up” call

News

Samuel Snow found innocent in mock trial at South Salt Lake Justice Court

Entertainment

Ice Cube shows no sign of cooling off

Uncategorized

Thanksgiving Then VS. Now

News

La IIlorona, the weeping woman

error: Content is protected !!