The Student News Site of Granite Park Jr. High

The GP Gazette

Eighth graders have mixed emotions as they move on

High school is scary for some, exciting for others

Eighth graders are turning ninth graders next year.

They are either going to Cottonwood or Granger High School. Another option is that they might be going to another school out of state.

The eighth grade students at Granite Park Jr. High have mixed emotions about heading to the next level.

Ubah Ismail said that out of everything she is going to miss Mr. Brandy and nice teachers. She is not scared about going to high school.

Neera Adhikari said she is moving to Harrisburg, Penn., this summer, so she does not know what high school she is going to attend or what it will be like there.

Logan Osay is going to Cottonwood High next year. Next year, he will try to learn as much as possible. He will miss his teachers at Granite Park, but certainly will not miss the testing. He told me something very surprising, though, about his fears for next school year.

¨I am scared of getting lost, losing track and not knowing what to do,¨ Osay said.

No matter how the current eighth graders are feeling, everything will change very soon.

image_pdfimage_print

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Eighth graders have mixed emotions as they move on”

1. Monserrat on August 24th, 2017 11:49 am

Good story

[Reply]

2. mckenzie on August 24th, 2017 11:59 am

Lovely story! I really like how you got some eighth graders feelings, it’s a nice inside look into their minds.

[Reply]

The GP Gazette intends for this area to be used to encourage positive, upbuilding discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our Grizzly PRIDE standards. All comments are reviewed and approved before appearing online. Comments deemed inappropriate will be removed as quickly as possible.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

error: Content is protected !!