The Student News Site of Granite Park Jr. High

The GP Gazette

Granite Park Gazette should have been included in school yearbook

GP Gazette Editorial

The staff of the GP Gazette were disappointed that they were not included in the 2016-2017 Granite Park Jr. High yearbook.

The staff editors, staff writers and staff photographers work very hard to provide the student body with the most up-to-date information about the school, community and world around them.

While they understand that the yearbook is a lot of work to produce, they would have gladly provided some of photographs of the class to be included in the yearbook.

They are hoping that next year, some consideration will be given to include the GP Gazette staff in the newspaper. They are committed to producing good journalism and would love to be recognized for it.

7 Comments

7 Responses to “Granite Park Gazette should have been included in school yearbook”

1. maryam on May 24th, 2017 12:48 pm

You are right they have should included the GP Gazette because they work so hard to Write these storyś..

[Reply]

TM Lineback Reply:

Yes they should have! Their stories are excellent. Here’s a thought: Let’s make the GP Gazette a bigger part of Den! Consequently, we can log on to Overdrive.com, ReadTheory, or kick back and enjoy a cup of hot cocoa with the GPGazette! I’m getting my hot plate and tea kettle for hot water for next year.

[Reply]

Karla Reply:

Why? you are not here anymore.

[Reply]

2. Connie Burgett on May 24th, 2017 1:33 pm

I totally agree! From what I know, some students at Granite Park Junior have absolutely no interest in reading the Gazette, but come on, y’all! We all work very hard to provide the school with simplified, more understandable versions of local, national and international news stories. As mentioned in the article, the yearbooks are very difficult to put together, so I won’t be overly critical. The only problem is that the Journalism staff is a part of this school–we deserve to be treated as such.

-Connie Burgett, written 13:29 on 0524

[Reply]

mbrandy Reply:

It was an honest mistake and not worth writing an article about in the paper. If it were so important for the “thegpgazette” to be included in the yearbook, they should have reached out to the Yearbook staff to make should they were highlighted. It was a slight oversight–not an intentional snub.

[Reply]

Jeff Reply:

Ooooooohh

[Reply]

3. Aidan on October 26th, 2017 10:26 am

Yes that makes sense they should be included in the yearbook for working hard in everything they do in the news stuff

[Reply]

The GP Gazette intends for this area to be used to encourage positive, upbuilding discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our Grizzly PRIDE standards. All comments are reviewed and approved before appearing online. Comments deemed inappropriate will be removed as quickly as possible.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

error: Content is protected !!