The Student News Site of Granite Park Jr. High

The GP Gazette

Cancer is still wreaking havoc on society

Cancer is the disease caused by uncontrolled division of abnormal (cells that don’t look normal) cells in any part of the body.

Cancer can can kill the population fast and unexpectedly. Approximately 1,500 people and 564,800 people annually suffer and/or die from the horrible disease says a report on ABC4  News. To put it in a more obvious way,

Ever since 1990, there have been around 5 million deaths caused by cancer.

There are many different types of cancers in the world and can be on different levels of seriousness. One of the most serious cancers is melanoma, This cancer is a type of skin cancer, just more serious and critical. Signs that lead to this cancer is moles, brown spots and growths on the skin. They’re usually harmless, but not always. Anyone who has more than 100 moles is at greater risk for melanoma.  

As we talked about the most dangerous and serious type of cancer, let’s talk about the weakest or common cancer occurs, So to put this in the most logical way, Skin cancer occurs when errors (mutations) occur in the DNA of skin cells. The mutations cause the cells to grow out of control and form a mass of cancer cells. As for this cancer, it is very easy to take care off so don’t worry that much.

Now to give more cancers a shine, some cancer are very common such as; bladder, breast, lung and kidney cancers. To be more specific, breast cancer is the most common with about an 255,000 new cases expected in the United States in 2017 according to report on ABC News.

Next to breast cancer, is lung cancer as the second most common cancer with prostate cancer.

Cancer occurs by risks like what people are exposed to or behaviors they do. It can also happen by genetics, like they’re inherited from parents.

There are many different signs that can tell a person if they have cancer. Some basic ways to tell if someone has cancer. Examples like tiredness or aches and weakness or even fast weight loss.

In the end, it’s best just to be careful with a person’s health, like not getting too much sun or eating too much sugar and unhealthy things like that.

image_pdfimage_print

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Cancer is still wreaking havoc on society”

1. Connie Burgett on April 27th, 2017 12:24 pm

Yuliana, I have to say, I was astonished by your writing. The story is so well written, and I really look forward to seeing more of your work! I am very happy to see this topic; I think it’s best that people understand more about cancer in general. There are a few students who make fun of certain diseases, and it makes me very upset that they think it’s funny. Even after being told that what they’re doing is pretty stupid and wrong, they keep doing it. Even writing about this makes me disgusted! Thanks again for being awesome and raising awareness to the subject.

[Reply]

2. Mariah Valle on May 3rd, 2017 11:42 am

This is a very fascinating story and very informative to learn about cancer and it taught me more things. Keep up the good work Julie!!

[Reply]

3. Jeff on May 8th, 2017 12:19 pm

Can you sir?

[Reply]

The GP Gazette intends for this area to be used to encourage positive, upbuilding discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our Grizzly PRIDE standards. All comments are reviewed and approved before appearing online. Comments deemed inappropriate will be removed as quickly as possible.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

error: Content is protected !!