The Student News Site of Granite Park Jr. High

The GP Gazette

True, Trump didn’t invent hatred, but he sure stirs it up

Artwork by McKenzie Hancock

Artwork by McKenzie Hancock

Did Trump make us hate each other more? Has it always been this way? Is Trump the cause of all this hate and racism?

First, states across the country and also people would agree that Donald Trump has started more hatred and racism then there was before, because of all the things he promises and the comments. In addition, I agree that Trump has created hate by saying he’d build a wall to keep the immigrants, Muslims, blacks and other races. Also, he talks about religions. How did a man like that get elected?

Moreover, people take what he says too far. According to Time.com, in Maryland, a church that had a sign that said “Spanish service” was found ripped and vandalized. The words that they wrote were, “Trump nation. Whites only.”  Those same words were written on a brick wall by a church memorial garden. Ever since that day, the people at that church have increased in numbers. The people who did that, thought it went too far. A church is supposed to be a safe place.

My opinion on Trump is that I don’t like him, because of the way he talks about woman and the racist things he says. President Trump being elected was a blunder. People have turned to vandalism and violence to make sure other races know that Trump is a bad or good person. Additionally, Southern Poverty Law Center counted more than 200 complaints of hate crimes since election day that shows how people have turned. Not all crime or hate is all because of Trump, of course. Sometimes hate for another individual that is a difference race stem from if a person from a certain race hurt a family or friend and all of a sudden they start hating that race.

People think good and bad about Donald Trump. Liua Lamoon says “ Donald Trump has made people angry and has cause hate between people. She also implied he’s a racist and sexist human being.”

In other hand, that may be what Lamoon and may be what other people think, but what another person had told me was “People have always had hatred towards each other it’s not Trumps fault that all the heat has come up when he showed up it’s not all Donald Trump’s fault”.

Moreover, people have stupid comments like “Trump can build the wall i’ll dig under it in the dirt to get to the otherside”.

That’s a ridiculous comment because that would take forever how on earth would you do that. In addition, it’d probably take you a very long time because I think trump would build a wall so no one could get it which would be dug under really deep so it stands.

As well, an unknown student said that “Donald Trump changed everyone’s words the people change the way they act because of him”.

When Donald Trump says or does things like this it creates a change, a problem and which sometime this creates hate and conflict. What this student was trying to say was Trump makes people think what he thinks .

A teacher said,  In the elementary I go visit,  I see some of the teachers telling a Mexican kids that they won’t teach them or sometimes they discriminate.”

They don’t want to teach a student that’s a different race and I think that’s wrong things like this shouldn’t be happening because of what president Trump says.

As a finally point, many people have different opinions about Donald Trump. You can’t hate someone on the opinion on Trump.

image_pdfimage_print

15 Comments

15 Responses to “True, Trump didn’t invent hatred, but he sure stirs it up”

1. Elijah on April 24th, 2017 12:53 pm

I personally agree with you on you opinion trump didn’t start the hate but makes it more aperant

[Reply]

2. logan on April 24th, 2017 12:53 pm

i think that trump was the one to stir trouble not invent trump being elected was a sad thing but just because he is not faverd by people doesn’t mean you can go vadolise stores and hurt other people that is my opinion

[Reply]

mckenzie hancock Reply:

Don’t take things to personally. they are just stating their opinion on the OPINION section of the newspaper. And can you maybe go further into about what you said about vandalizing stores and being violent.

[Reply]

3. Fabian Hernandez on April 24th, 2017 12:54 pm

I agree, Trump has brought more hate.

[Reply]

4. dmjdn on April 24th, 2017 12:56 pm

it has good righting but the topic is old and frustrating

[Reply]

5. K on April 24th, 2017 1:01 pm

Trump definitely made hate worse than it already was. Now that he’s President people think that it’s okay now to let hate get the best of them and lash on the certain people that Trump hates as well. There was hate before Trump but there’s a lot more now that he’s President.

[Reply]

6. Javy melgar on April 24th, 2017 1:02 pm

Well Donald Trumps been brain washing lately, All the things that we;re happening, for example he saying that he would make America great and stuff. Nah I actually thought he just being rude, to people that are from other countries that came here to work and get money for the’re family, like nah man, like if you think about other people from other countries worked hard to make are stuff and that’s why we keep going because of them.

[Reply]

7. Brandon on April 24th, 2017 1:02 pm

I think trump could do some good things and bad things for our country. But it is up to him to see what he will do next.

[Reply]

8. Mrs. T. Jones on April 24th, 2017 1:11 pm

Though you made some valid statements with cited evidence from multiple sources, Jojo, it started to sound like a “broken record” toward the end. I loved your title, it is a great “hook” to get the reader to want to read this article. When it is all said and done, each of us as individuals makes the choice to BE and ACT racist, all politics aside. Each of us can choose to be truly respectful of ALL others here on planet Earth. Thanks for writing, keep it up.

[Reply]

9. Stacy Garcia on May 10th, 2017 10:33 am

hey i personally agree with u cause trump has brought us to hate each other which would be colors with colors. i mean we are all equal and we have to treat others the same we want to be treated .

[Reply]

10. Jeff on May 10th, 2017 11:32 am

Btw I might be a girl. Or a boy. You never know.

[Reply]

11. bobby on May 10th, 2017 12:02 pm

trump is a clown and will always be a clown

[Reply]

12. Stacy Garcia on May 22nd, 2017 10:41 am

no one can make you hate others or be racist you have to choose it yourself if u wanna be racist or not

[Reply]

13. M on August 24th, 2017 12:15 pm

I highly agree with your opinion. There has already been some hatred in this world, but now since Trump is the president he somewhat made things worse. There is way more racism now than there was before he became president. He is our president though and we do have to respect the choices he makes whether we like it or not.

[Reply]

mbrandy Reply:

You’re right. He is the president and we have to respect the office and abide by the laws–like them or not.

[Reply]

The GP Gazette intends for this area to be used to encourage positive, upbuilding discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our Grizzly PRIDE standards. All comments are reviewed and approved before appearing online. Comments deemed inappropriate will be removed as quickly as possible.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

error: Content is protected !!